EMINENT DOMAIN ASSOCIATE
Ashley Croswell represents and defends property owners in Texas whose property rights are being taken by condemning entities. Ashley has been recognized for her eminent domain litigation work by “Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch” for 2022 and 2023.
Ashley is passionate about defending landowners’ constitutional rights and has represented hundreds of landowners across the state of Texas. She has advocated for her clients at dozens of Special Commissioners’ Hearings, at court hearings, and at trial, handling oral argument and witness examinations. She has also successfully negotiated and mediated cases for clients outside of trial.
Ashley graduated with honors from the University of Texas School of Law, where she was the Chief Articles Editor for the Texas Law Review, Volume 94. She is admitted to practice in Texas and the Southern and Western Districts of Texas. Ashley is a member of the Austin Bar Association and the Austin Young Lawyers Association. She also has previously served on the CLE subcommittee for the Eminent Domain Section of the Austin Bar Association, and is currently serving as an Officer of the Eminent Domain Section (2022-2023).
Ashley has lived in many places in Texas and now calls Austin home. She was a longtime board member of Servant Church in Austin, and is married to her husband Zach, who she met while teaching first grade in Teach for America before attending law school.
- B.A. Russian Language, Political Science, Texas A & M University, 2010 (magna cum laude)
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 2016 (with honors, Texas Law Review Editorial Board, Chief Articles Editor)
Publications And Presentations
- “2022 Updates on Eminent Domain Law” – Publication and Presentation at the 5th Annual Eminent Domain Houston Conference, August 25, 2022
- “2019-2020 Case Law Update on Eminent Domain Law” – Publication for the 3rd Annual Eminent Domain Houston Conference, August 6, 2020 (Virtual Event)
- “Eminent Domain: Current Issues Impacting Texas – Flooding, Pipelines, Highways, and the Wall” – Publication and Presentation at the 15th Annual South Texas Litigation Course, State Bar of Texas, May 14, 2020 (Virtual Event)