Comal County Probate & Trust Litigation Attorney
Probate and trust litigation matters are some of the most complex disputes that Comal County residents can undertake. If you are facing challenges while handling probate matters or managing or administering a trust, you need an attorney on your side—and the lawyers at Marrs Ellis & Hodge, LLP can help.
Our Comal County probate and trust litigation attorneys have extensive experience handling complex and high-stakes disputes on behalf of Texas residents. Our firm will fight diligently to protect your family’s best interests.
Why Choose Us
- Our attorneys have represented a wide range of clients in probate and trust litigation, from individuals to billion-dollar financial institutions.
- Our firm is built to represent high-stakes property disputes, including complex probate and trust matters. Our attorneys have the skills and knowledge necessary to represent your claim.
- Our lawyers are nationally recognized and have won multiple awards and designations, including a preeminent AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell.
Common Types of Probate Matters in Comal County
When a loved one passes away, you and your family will typically enter the probate process, where you will pay off the deceased’s debts and dispose of his or her assets. Your loved one’s will or estate plan will typically describe how to carry out this process according to his or her wishes. However, many disputes and litigation matters can arise during probate, including the following.
- Executor fee claims
- Personal representative appointments
- Conservatorship disputes
- Guardianship disputes
- Beneficiary and heir disputes
- Retirement and life insurance claims
- Executor misconduct
- Testamentary trusts
- Estate accounting
If you or your family encounters an issue during probate, you can raise a dispute or file a claim in an estate proceeding. Comal County has specific rules and requirements for pursuing probate litigation, so it is important to speak with an attorney who is familiar with these types of disputes. The attorneys at Marrs Ellis & Hodge, LLP can guide you through each stage of the litigation process and help secure the outcome you are seeking.
Trust Disputes in Comal County
Trusts are complex financial relationships between three parties: the settlor, who creates the trust; the beneficiary, the party for whom the trust was created; and the trustee, who has the responsibility of holding assets on behalf of the settlor for the benefit of the beneficiary. While this arrangement may seem straightforward, many disputes can arise while administering or managing a trust.
Common types of trust litigation matters that we handle at Marrs Ellis & Hodge, LLP include the following.
- Trustee removal, misconduct, or replacement
- Trust termination or modification
- Trust agreements that violate state laws
- Trust agreements with unclear or contradictory language
- Trust accounting and distributions
- Settlors without the legal capacity to create a trust
- Settlors who were unduly influenced when creating a trust
- Settlors who were coerced or forced into creating a trust
- Breach of fiduciary duty
If you encounter any issues while handling or being involved in a trust, you can take legal action. Your attorney can negotiate with the other parties to reach an optimal resolution. If this cannot be achieved, we will not hesitate to file a trust lawsuit to protect your best interests.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
Are you facing a probate or trust dispute in Comal County? In these situations, the lawyers at Marrs Ellis & Hodge, LLP can represent you in your dispute and advocate aggressively for your best possible outcome. Contact our firm today to schedule your free case consultation with a Comal County probate and trust litigation attorney.