Gonzales County Trust Litigation
Complex financial matters, such as those involving trusts or probating a deceased person’s estate, require careful handling. Without knowledge of probate and trust laws, it can be difficult to achieve the outcome that you deserve. If you need help settling a probate or trust dispute, you need a lawyer on your side—and the Gonzales County attorneys at Marrs Ellis & Hodge, LLP can help.
Our Texas trust and estate litigation lawyers have a deep understanding of estate, trust, and guardianship laws and have represented clients in probate courts throughout the state of Texas. We can leverage our skills, experience, and knowledge to fight for the best interests of you and your family.
Why Choose Us
- Our firm’s track record speaks for itself. We have successfully represented hundreds of clients over the past 10 years, including probate and trust cases.
- Our probate and trust litigation attorneys have successfully represented multiple types of clients in high-profile cases, from individuals to billion-dollar financial institutions.
- Our lawyers have received numerous awards and distinctions recognizing our commitment to our clients, including repeated Super Lawyer designations from Thomson Reuters.
Common Types of Probate Litigation
When a person passes away, he or she will typically leave an estate plan or will that details how he or she wants his or her property to be distributed. Probate litigation involves settling disputes regarding the distribution of these assets. In some situations, guardianship and conservatorship disputes may be settled in probate court.
Handling probate claims can be highly complex, but the attorneys at Marrs Ellis & Hodge, LLP have the experience and skills necessary to represent your dispute. We handle many types of probate disputes, including the following.
- Personal representative appointments
- Surviving spouse election and family allowing
- Retirement and life insurance claims
- Will contests and will distribution claims
- Executor misconduct
- Estate accounting
- Executor fee claims
- Testamentary trusts
- Guardianship disputes
- Conservatorship disputes
- Beneficiary and heir disputes
Trust Disputes in Gonzales County
A trust is a financial relationship between a settlor that establishes a trust, a trustee who takes legal ownership over the trust, and a beneficiary who will receive money from the trust. The relationship between these three parties is very complex and requires all three parties to meet certain requirements.
However, many disputes may arise during the administration of the trust or when creating the terms of the trust. In these situations, you may require trust litigation to resolve these issues and achieve the best possible outcome. At Marrs Ellis & Hodge, LLP, we handle a wide range of trust disputes, including the following.
- Trustee removal or replacement
- Trust termination or modification
- Trustee misconduct cases
- Disagreements over the terms of the trust
- Trust agreements that do not comply with Texas laws
- Forcing distributions from the trust
- Breaches of fiduciary duties
- Cases involving lack of legal capacity or undue influence
- Trust agreements involving contradictory, unclear, or confusing language
Contact a Gonzales County Probate and Trust Litigation Lawyer
If you are facing a probate or trust dispute in Gonzales County, the attorneys at Marrs Ellis & Hodge LLP can help. Our lawyers will work closely with you to identify your goals and advocate for your best possible outcome. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and discuss your optimal path forward